Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving - Oh Yum


My parents are coming out for Thanksgiving (yippee!) to celebrate the holiday but also help us on the house... again. They worked like dogs back in August in the kitchen (which is 95% done now - pictures coming soon!)
and unfettered by exhaustion, sweat and lots of drywall dust, they return next week for more - bless them. 
Anyway, I'm excited at the prospect of hosting a Thanksgiving meal at in our new home and thus digging for tasty (and relatively healthy) looking recipes - like this gorgeous Winter Jeweled Fruit Salad which calls for lime, sea salt and honey in addition to the fruit. Mmmm. 


I made these heavenly rosemary mashed potatoes and yams last year when we had friends over for dinner and they were so tasty I think I'm gonna do them for Thanksgiving. With garlic and Parmesan cheese baked in, how could you go wrong, I mean really.


These citrus green beans sound deeeelish. The recipe calls for shallots, roasted pine nuts and orange zest. I was never a fan of the heavy green bean casserole or those awful things out of the can. This citrus-y dish is more up my ally... 

What about you? Are you hosting holiday meals this year? Any favorite recipes? Do tell!

(all images via here)

3 comments:

  1. yumm!!! those mashed potatoes look so good! :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look lovely...happy Thanksgiving dear one. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delish! If Lane wasn't cooking I would stay here and eat with you! xo!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please! I love them so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...