Monday, May 24, 2010

House Envy




Greetings friend! How was your weekend? Mine began with a trip to the farmer's market and ended with the Lost finale. I agreed with the sentiment of someone who said that it was emotionally satisfying but intellectually unfulfilling. And I will leave it at that.

I realized over the weekend that I seldom post about one of my first domestic loves: interior design. I actually got my college degree in interior design. Yup. It was a grueling several years (five to be exact) of whittling midcentury modern bass wood models, staying up in the wee hours rendering 3D computer images of interiors and a whole slew of other things I won't bother to mention. Anyway, even though interior design isn't my current day job, I love houses and interiors and decorating and all things related to making ones dwelling lovely and comfy. So! I'm going to blog about spaces I love from time to time and I'm gonna start today.

I adore this cozy, beachy, eclectic space of Julet Totten one of the owners of Poppies & Posies an event and floral design company based in New York. All the curious and mix-matched pieces create such an interesting and cheerful space. Enjoy!







2 comments:

  1. wow, i have house envy too!! i especially love the first and the last space. perfection. that desk is gorgeous! and a lemon tree, inside? i want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this space. So cozy yet so elegant. Beautiful my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please! I love them so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...