Saturday, June 16, 2012

Nibbles and Diapers (but not together)

(via)

Hi there. So if you haven"t noticed, this new mom thing has me all tuckered out what with the middle-of-the-night feedings, frequent baths, diaper changes, burp and play times, etc. As my sad absence of posting shows, I've sort of lost my blogging mojo. 
I did however find some inspiration in a bag of fresh apricots I got at the market this week.  Luckily, Ike doesn't like 'em. He can't stand the sort of fuzzy, leathery skin (same goes for peaches) so that' means more for moi. Once little O goes down for his afternoon snooze, I've been enjoying a tasty afternoon snack consisting of an apricot with a handful of raw almonds and a couple squares of Chocolove's Dark chocolate, almond and sea salt bar. Ooo la la. Those rich chocolate squares are so tasty and bonus - they're made an hour up the road from me, so it's my duty to partake frequently and support local business, no? 

Anyway, for another summer snack, I'd love to make the dried apricots dipped in chocolate and rolled in pistachios like the picture above but for now I've got to go change a diaper. 

Have a lovely weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. I miss your posts Emily...but I know you'll be enjoying the distraction that is your little man. I'm sure he's doing more by the day!
    sending love
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snack sounds delicious! I need to get me some apricots. And try those chocolate-dipped ones - yum! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend with your little family and getting some sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love apricots, peaches, nectorines, all so delish! Ike is missing out! I love the idea of the chocolate dipped fruit. Gonna have to try that chocolate. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look delicious!especially dipped in chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please! I love them so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...