Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Zoom, Zoom: A Wild Weekend Recap

We're back home from a whirlwind weekend. This was one of those times when cloning myself would have been so handy so I could have been at both the Horseshoe Market and back home for two family graduation celebrations simultaneously (not really though, cause cloning is creepy, but you get the idea). Family does indeed come first, so the mister and I left for home on Thursday and spent the weekend feeling rather proud of our brother Levi and sister Kelly.

Hooray Levi! This guy got his architectural engineering degree and is just months away from becoming a married man! He's having a pretty good year, I'd say.

My sis Kelly (isn't she pretty?) got her degree this weekend too. She worked full-time while finishing her degree in psychology. Not easy. I'm so proud of you.

There was also lots of quality play time with my sweet little nephews.

There was pie, pie and more pie too. My family's life-long friend has wicked baking skills and brought her famous Kiwi Summer Limeade Pie to my sister's graduation party. (It really is famous! She won a competition hosted by Midwest Living Magazine! Congrats Susie!) 

Mean while, back at the Horseshoe Market (cue cowboy music), Kara and my friend Emily were setting up our tent, working the market, and texting me updates throughout the day. They really did a splendid job! Take a look.... 



And check out these lovely photos of the market by Rachel Grace Photography. I love the snap she took of my blue and green headbands. Thank you Rachel! 



Phew. Good times but I'm feeling tired just thinking about it all!
And how was your weekend? Please do share!












4 comments:

  1. I wish I could clone myself too sometimes..! :-D

    I had a busy, busy weekend and the beginning of the week has continued to be just that; busy! Glad I at least had time to read some lovely blig posts - seems like you had a great time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know all about my weekend - thank you for your lovely comments (your blog makes me smile too!)
    I love pictures of food and you always have a good table full (that pie looks incredible)
    And yes, your sister is v pretty - how clever they both are!
    fee ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to your brother & sister - good for them! that's crazy they both graduated at the same time!
    those pies look sooo yummy! i made key lime pie for mother's day, it's one of my faves in the summer.
    those photos of the fair are just gorgeous!! your headbands look so pretty!

    ok, that's all :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please! I love them so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...