Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thanks Jonathan Adler

Last night I was paging through one of my favorite coffee table books: My Presription for Anti-Depressive Living by the wacky and glamorous potter - turned interior designer Jonathan Adler. With the on-set of winter and many gray days in my neck of the woods, I could use a dose or two of what Jonathan is serving up. The bright retro pallette he employs along with witty instructions on how to up the pizazz quotient in your living spaces and life gave me a much needed kick in the pants. So take a gander! Enjoy the photos and Jonathan's fabulous and funny advice:





















"Make stuff. Learn to blow glass, needlepoint a belt for your husband, make a macrame owl. It's more more exciting to make something than to buy something. You could even take a pottery class - just don't put me out of business."






















"Name your house aftern an English country estate - Balmoral Arms, Sandringham, Blenheim - and have the name imprinted on matchbooks, napkins, and stationery. This is an especially good idea if you live in a studio apartment or a suburb of Buffalo. Tongue-in-cheek grandiosity is good for the soul."























"When in doubt add mirrors for extra glamour. Put a piece of mirror on top of a cabinet to make it sparkle or in a niche to create the illusion of depth. Mirrors are magic."






















"Try rearranging your furniture ... A new arrangement can be an instant facelift for your house and everything seems fresh. Plus, it burns lots of calories."

1 comment:

  1. I love the pink room with the giraffe. You are so fabulous to have such fun books lying around!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please! I love them so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...