Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Eats

(photo by Travis Rathbone)
I tried a couple of new recipes over the weekend and they were both quite yummy, so I thought I would share. 

Friday night we made Grilled (or in our case broiled) salmon with a blueberry pan sauce. The sauce was really lovely and mellow with balsamic vinegar, shallots, blueberries and fresh mint. Sadly, the salmon fillet I bought was FULL of bones, making the over all dining experience less than pleasant. Argh.  Does anyone know what the deal is with that? I mean, was it up to me to know that there would be lots of floss-like bones still in the fish and I should have removed them? Not sure what the deal was there... but anyway - the sauce was delish! 
We added in baked sweet potatoes and a green salad with toasted almonds and goat cheese. 

Sunday lunch was chicken with herb roasted tomatoes and pan sauce. Let me tell ya - those roasted herb tomatoes? Fabulous. I want to run out and buy a few pounds of cherry tomatoes right now and make a tub of them, so I can smear them on anything - toast, cheese, by themselves. They're that good. 

(photo by Romulo Yanes)

The tomatoes were super easy: olive oil, freshly ground pepper, kosher salt and Herbs de Provence. Couldn't find Herbs de Provence at the store, so I used an Italian blend that I already had on hand and it worked just fine. Warm the aforementioned ingredients in a skillet and oven roast for 15 minutes until the tomatoes start to pop and their juices start flowing. Oh mama. Take them out of the oven and drizzle with Worcestershire sauce. SO good! And that's just the tomato part. The chicken was delicious too. 

What did you eat this weekend? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Yes, please! I love them so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...