Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Finds

Today's loot comes to you from the Good Will. The store wasn't brimming with cool junk today but I did grab these sweet little punch glasses with white ivy painted on them and a pretty gold rim. I'm thinking ahead to May and the first Horseshoe Market of the season. I had great success selling vintage pieces their last fall and I'm hoping this spring will bring the same good fortune. Don't you think they'd be pretty holding some pink lemonade?

I just love the Good Will. Don't you? You never know what you will find or who you will encounter. When I pulled up into the lot, a woman, probably in her early 70s, who looked like she'd had one too many unfortunate face lifts came out of the store wearing loads of eye make-up and hot pink lipstick to match her hot pink stilettos. Me-oh-my. Her  chocolate colored spandex top was about 3 sizes too small, bless her heart. Where are the fashion police when you need them? Once inside, I heard a woman with a thick eastern European accent shout "are you threatening me?!" Apparently there was a bit of a brawl going on between three woman regarding a lamp. I just kept hearing "she ran into my cart. She always does this."Apparently, they've been down this road before. Ah the Good Will. It doesn't always live up to it's name but it's never short on strange people and lots of drama.

Have a lovely weekend friends.

3 comments:

  1. Lol funny story. I love the good Will. I hope to go there tomorrow. Crossing my fingers to find some good things.

    Xoxo
    Missy
    http://throughanindielens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finds!!!! I have those same sweet little glasses only with green leaves! I am feeling like I need to have a day of treasure hunting soon! Happy weekend hugs to you my friend. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sweet little punch glasses. I also love the pale pink plates, stacked underneath. I'm so desperate for a friend to junk and hit up some estate sales with. Will you come to St. Louis, please?

    And don't you think the spandex/fueding women are just a part of the glamor of the goodwill? I know that's what I go for. ;)

    Did you stop by world market and pick up the fabulous tea towels? I admire mine daily.

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please! I love them so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...