Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Blues

I'm going to be annoying and have a little pity party. Just got word that my mom is sick and my parents won't be coming out for Thanksgiving. Noooooooo! Well, my Dad might come with my aunt and uncle tomorrow - which would be lovely but I want them BOTH to come - and stay in the guest room that's all ready for them. And have coffee and the orange cranberry bread (that's baking in the oven as I type) with us for breakfast tomorrow. Plus, my mom is so good at conversation and drawing people out. She always begins the "what are you thankful for this year" sharing time that generally ends up with most of the family in tears.  Maybe she'll miraculously feel better and make the trip after all and then I'll really have something for which I can be most grateful. In the mean time, I will proceed with the pumpkin pie baking...


Will you be with your loved one this Thanksgiving? If so, enjoy every moment.

2 comments:

  1. aw, i'm so sorry to hear that emily! i don't blame you for throwing yourself a pity party, i can't imagine thanksgiving without my mom there. hope you have a blessed day despite her absence! i'm sure your food will be divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could be there to celebrate with you guys! We'll be feeling your loneliness this year without any family nearby but we'll definitely be thinking of you and praying for safe travels for whoever ends up taking the Denver journey. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please! I love them so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...