Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wardrobe Refresh


I can think of no better way to refresh one's wardrobe for zero dollars than a clothing swap. I met a friend for lunch last week and she told me she had just moved and had a bag of clothing and accessories in the trunk of her car if I wanted them. This particular friend looks cute all the time (all my friends do really. What can I can say? I have adorable friends). so I knew I'd take anything she gave me. The next day we met up briefly for a true swap since she had more to get rid of and I had plenty as well. Here's what I got:

- a couple of jackets
- a lovely winter coat
- a beautiful holiday dress
- tank tops
- two sassy clutches
- a cute vest
- jewelry
- knit tops
and more!

I got the better end of the deal since she just moved and had a lot more than I did, but hopefully she's pleased with her new pieces as well. Give it a go! It doesn't have to be formal. Just clean out your closest, pop your stuff in a bag and meet in the parking lot of a Starbucks to swap. Easy as pie!

(p.s. this obviously works the best if you and your friend are similar sizes. if not - do an accessory swap!)

1 comment:

  1. love this! i've been talking about it with a few people lately - so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please! I love them so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...