Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Boutique Wrap Up!

Hello dearies. I'm sure you're all sick to death of the Valentine Boutique I've been talking, blogging and harrassing you about for the last couple of weeks. This shall be my LAST post about it, I promise.

It was a lovely evening and a lot of fun too. If you weren't able to come, here's a recap of the nights festivities:














My house was decked out in tissue flower poms, candles and hanging glass jars. Yes, it was girly. No, the hubby hasn't forced me take it all down... yet.














I made a fresh batch of headbands (you can see the new spring-like offerings on the top row) and some modge-podge vintage paper flowers for bobby pins attached to little cards with old recipes and funny articles from 1960s magazines.














Hair clips are always a less committed way to add some flair if a headband seems too much. I displayed the clips on an old thrift store frame and happily, most of them sold! My wreaths and vintage paper collages were clustered together around my friend Kara's fabulous shabby chic pale pink side table.














Kara of Kara Rosenberry Co. had her darling valentines, garlands, stickers, tags and postcards for sale. She used pink cupcakes boxes to display her goodies.














Kara's circus tent valentines are my favorite. Shoppers snapped up her pink dragonfly cards too. Look at that darling measuring tape ribbon she used to embellish her cards!














Lexie Holeman is an incredilby talented artist that I met through my church. She has a brilliant eye for color and uses it to create amazing combinations with whimsical and curious subject matter.














Aren't those sheep too much? And those ladby bugs? I scooped up a sweet winter scene by Lexie with little birds perched on a snow covered tree and I love it.

Currently, Lexie is raising support for an artists residency she'll be doing this spring in Spain by selling these little gems on ebay. If you'd like help her out (please do) click here for her ebay store and here for her blog to see her latest work.














My new friend Shellie from Love146 was kind enough to set up her darling display of little wool hearts that are being sold to support the work of Love146 in the fight agaist human trafficking around the world.














Devils food cupcakes with buttercream frosting and lemon shortbread cookies with a lemony glaze were there for the taking along with sparkling french sodas.














Each shopper got to take home a goodie bag with a groovy Valentine's cd mix and some festive candy. Who doesn't love a Cherry Mash?

So there you have it! It was a truly sweet evening and my thanks to all the ladies who came and supported local artists.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Comments? Yes, please! I love them so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...