Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sweet Heart

Last fall I blogged about an organization called Love146 that is doing amazing work in the fight against human trafficking around the world. 27 million people are currently enslaved in an industry that generates 32 billion dollars a year.

The denver chapter of Love146 has organized a Valentine's Day fundraiser. Part of the event includes the sale of little wool felted heart ornaments that come with a little booklet of information about the work of Love146 and the issue of human trafficking.


















For the past week, I've been learning the art (it's not hard - just takes a little time!) of wool felting these tiny hearts. This issue has been on my mind since I heard a presentation about trafficking at a church function last fall. These hearts will be for sale at the Valentine boutique I'm hosting this coming Monday night. They are only $7 and all of the proceeds will go to the work of Love146. Please leave a comment if you'd like info about my boutique or if you'd like to get involved. I'd love to sell gobs of these little hearts on Monday night!



3 comments:

  1. How cute, i would love to learn felting!
    xoxo~Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fantastic cause!! i would definitely be there if i didn't live across the country! hope it goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments girls! And thanks for the well wishes Meg! It really is a great cause and one that breaks my heart. Check out the Love146 website. It's hard to read but good to be aware of. xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please! I love them so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...