Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fern & Flora Wednesday: Think Scarves


Here's my weekly tid bit on what's going on in the Fern & Flora studio: I'm thinkin' scarves girls. I've always loved them and have sort of  inadvertently collected them over the last three years. Now I have a nice stash of lovely vintage pieces and I'm mulling over the idea of cutting them up and turning them into hair clips....


Do I have the guts to chop up these pretty, fluttery bits of fabric that looks so chic in one large swatch? I don't know....


This is my dilemma. Will they look as sensational in petal form nestled in by a low ponytail? Or will they lose are their geometric splendor??


On a side note, don't you think Sophia Loren is an eternally classy dame? Even now at 75, she looks like a million bucks. Probably because she's spent that much to keep herself looking so good. I digress...


I think I'm gonna go for it. If the clips turn out stunningly, I will no doubt be posting pictures quite soon. If however, they just don't work, well then, I shan't speak of it again.

2 comments:

  1. i love scarves, too! i love sifting through them at thrift stores and am so so happy when i find Vera! i very much love everything vera!
    i think it's a great idea to turn them in to something else. fun fun. i'm curious to see how they turn out! but yes, if you don't mention tem, i won't come hounding :)

    so excited you're going to be a part of the Horseshoe! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely collection of scarves!! i think clips will be cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Yes, please! I love them so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...